Italy is a surprisingly young country considering how much history is in this small country. It did not come together to a modern country until 1861.
Some facts about Italy:
- Italy is located in Southern Europe
- Italy is the home of pizza and imported pasta from China to Europe
- The average life expectancy at birth for an Italian is 79.54 years.
- Italy is slightly larger than Arizona.
- Northern Italy is must more prosperous than Southern Italy
- Italians love their evening Passeggiata, or stroll.
- Italy brought the world ice cream, the piano and of course the Roman Empire
- Italians is a popular travel destination and has been featured many times on the Amateur Traveler.