Chris Christensen ↓ Add comments
Avid listeners of the Amateur Traveler travel podcast should have the answers to all of these questions. How many can you answer?
- What state has the longest name?
- In the Yucatan the locals eat a spicy version of Pico de Gayo called Xni Pec. Xni Pec is a Mayan word which means what?
- Joe d’Eon, Airline Pilot and host of “Fly With Me” podcast told us that many people ask pilots and flight attendants a question that makes no sense. What is that question?
- What is the primary religion of the people in Zanzibar?
- What is the only moving national historic landmark in the USA? (no continental drift and the Earth’s rotation and motion do not count)
- What is the largest ancient structure in Africa south of the Sahara Desert?
- The newest National Park in the United States is the Great Sand Dunes National Park. In what state is it located?
- The Faroe Islands are an autonomous province of what nation?
- What traditional Indian medicine is associated with the Kerala region?
- What group of people founded the city of Dublin in Ireland?
- To what island nation would you go to find lemurs?
- “Rhode Island and Providence Plantations” is the official state name of poor little Rhode Island therefore the smallest state has the longest name. [Travel to Rhode Island]
- Xni Pec means “dogs nose” because you sweat like a dog’s nose [Travel to the Yucatan Peninsula of Mexico]
- “What is your route?”
- While Tanznia has as many Christians as Muslims, the island of Zanzibar is primarily (90%) muslim. [Travel to Zanzibar in Tanzania]
- San Francisco’s cable cars [San Francisco Walking Tour (part 2) - Sound Seeing Tour 2]
- The Great Zimbabwe ruins in Zimbabwe [Travel to Zimbabwe - Episode 158]
- Colorado [Travel to Colorado - Episode 155]
- Denmark [Travel to the Faroe Islands - Episode 153]
- Ayurveda [Travel to Kerala, India - Episode 147]
- The Vikings [Travel to Ireland - Episode 145]
- Madagascar [Travel to Madagascar - Episode 141]
How did you do?
- 3-5 – You are an amateur traveler, good start
- 6-8 – You are a knowledgeable traveler ready to take on the world
- 9-10 – You are a travel expert and should start leading tours
- 11 – You are ready to take over the Amateur Traveler from me as I can never remember the word “Ayurveda”.