Congratulations to the Travel winners in the 2012 Webby Awards. It is easy to get cynical about awards, especially since sites need to pay to enter the awards, but let’s not let that diminish the achievement.
Travel Site winners in 2012 include:
- Kayak.com won both The Webby Award and The People’s Voice Award for Best Travel Website. It also won The People’s Voice Award for Best Travel App
- FlightBoard won The Webby Award in the Best Travel App.
- In the Best Tourism Website category, The New York City Tourism Bureau won The Webby Award for NYC The Official Guide
- Greenland.com won The People’s Voice Award in the Best Tourism Website category.
- Norway’s Tourism Bureau won The Webby Award for Best Home/Welcome Page for Visit Norway 360.
- In the Online Film & Video categories, From Peru for Peru won both The Webby Award and The People’s Voice Award for Best Travel & Adventure Online Video
- “Sonia’s Travels” won the People’s Voice Award for Best Web Personality/Host.
I was particularly pleased to see the addition of Sonia’s Travels in the Webby Awards as this is one of my favorite travel video series at this time.
Sonia manages to put out a weekly web show that is both informative and humorous. She also raises the bar on video style with a short form video that is the equal in production quality of anything on the Travel Channel.