France is a popular travel destination and has been featured many times on the Amateur Traveler.
Some facts about France:
- France is the largest country in Western Europe
- France is 3/4 the size of Texas.
- The average life expectancy at birth for the French is 81.5 years.
- France has an estimated population of 64.5 million, making it the 19th most populous country.
- France is home to 41 UNESCO World Heritage Sites
- The Eiffel Tower was supposed to be temporary and was initially unpopular.
- Denim comes from the French city of Nimes.
- France produces almost 360 different types of cheese.