The United States is about to get crazy into the Christmas shopping season. For the travelers on your list let me suggest some trips and some gadgets for their Christmas stocking… assuming they have been good.
- I have had to take the Clothing Arts Pants off my list of recommended travel gear. I am just seeing too many complaints on their service. Too bad, because I still like the pants.
- I have been wearing travel pants from PraNa recently which are much lighter weight. They take up less room in the suitcase and dry more quickly when I am washing things out in the sink. Jeans or my Clothing Arts pants take up to 3 days to dry. See my review: Best Travel Pants for Men – PraNa Reviewed
- I find myself increasingly packing my SCOTTeVEST windbreaker for Fall and Spring weather because it is so compact. (see SCOTTeVEST travel clothes).
- HooToo Wireless Hard Drive Companion – This versatile device has earned a place in my bag because it is a Wireless Router and a 6000mAh External Battery Pack Dual USB Charger
- iPhone Battery Case – especially when I am traveling I keep my phone is in this case which vastly improves it’s battery life when I am using it as a wi-fi hotspot, camera, podcast player and map. This one is quite affordable.
- Canon PowerShot SX60 HS Digital Camera – You can read more about why I have switched from my SLR to this smaller, lighter Canon camera with a built-in zoom at Finding The Best Camera for Travel Photography, but this is a good camera for travelers that won’t break the bank.
- Pacsafe Citysafe CS100 Anti-Theft Travel Handbag – My wife Joan loves her Pacsafe purse. It is more expensive but gives more peace of mind in the medina.
- I personally carry the Pacsafe Luggage Venture Safe 25L GII backpack everywhere. I use it when I travel but it is also my day to day backpack.
- All-in-One Universal Power Converter Travel Adapter Plug Kit – cheap enough and small enough for a Christmas stocking
- Belkin 3-Outlet SurgePlus Mini Travel Swivel Charger Surge Protector with Dual USB Ports – I like this small USB hub from Belkin. Charge all your devices at once.
- European SIM Card – If you have a trip to Europe planned next year, check out my list of What to Pack for Europe. One of the things I suggest is this SIM card that I got before my Mediterranean cruise this year. Or think about switching to T-mobile, which I did this year and love for international travel. It with a free data plan (on the slower 3G) in 141 countries.
- stay tuned