Have you ever seen an application be released and think oh I had that same idea? Usually, this is a bad thing but I was pleased to see the release of “My Shot Lists for Travel” which is an iPhone app for photographers. I was pleased for a number of reasons.
- The app is being marketed by PhotoEnrichment.com who has been on the Amateur Traveler twice as a guest and with whom I hosted the Amateur Traveler Egypt Photo Tour last November. Anyone who has let me crash on their floor is OK in my book.
- A friend of mine Paula wrote this app for Ralph.
- I introduced Paula and Ralph and was “working” with them one this app back in August before I started my job at TripAdvisor and had to bow out.
I had proposed to Ralph that we take some of the content from his how-to photography book and make it available as an iPhone app. The app changed a bit on the way into “My Shot Lists for Travel”. This app helps you create a “shot list” (a list of pictures you want to take) for a particular destination. Built into the app are a number of suggestions for travel photographers like taking a picture of a flag to establish a sense of place
The app includes:
- Over 50 wide-ranging categories for travel photography, including descriptions and sample images.
- The ability to effortlessly develop custom shot lists for any destination or shooting environment.
- A My Data feature lets you track your progress by taking sample photos for each category from within the app to act as a visual list.
- The capability to add notes to recall vital details or insert reminders to any shot list, category or image.
You can more information about the app at MyShotLists.com